In 1984 a bunch of guys (who had riding in their blood), some married and had kids and yet still managed to keep their bikes, decided to put together a family orientated Motorcycle Enthusiasts Club. The object was to allow anybody, on any type of bike, to go on an organised run, include a family barbecue and ride together. The club was established and this is still the objective today. What started off with 12 original members has now grown ranging in numbers over the years from 100 to 170 members.
Established in May 1984, the 12 August 1984 was the date of the first official run from Tweed city to Byron Bay. 30 bikes attended which included a 46 Indian, a 1913 Indian racer, a 1949 International Norton and a Triumph Bonneville.
Leaving at 9am and returning around 12:30 the general topic of conversation was “All round top day” “Good people, Good vibes” and a great selection of bikes to learn about.
The first club magazine was published on 3 September 1984. This was sent to members to inform of upcoming events, reports on previous events and articles off interest. The magazine is still published monthly and sent to financial club members.
The first club President, known as Club Motivator and man about town, was Graham Young. The first Vice President, who knows his rugs and bikes, was Col Serone and the Secretary was Chris Hammond.